Frequently Asked Questions:
What will my mailing address look like?
1750 Kalakaua Ave.
ste. or #201, PMBXXX
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
What mailbox sizes do you offer?
- Small Box – (3x5x15)
- Large Box – (5x7x15)
How many individuals and businesses can share a mailbox?
First, all individuals that share a mailbox must be registered with us. Second, all individuals who share a mailbox must either be related or connected through a business enterprise. Spouses and committed life partners may be listed on the same USPS 1583, but all other adults must submit a separate USPS 1583 and Mailbox Weikiki Rental Agreement. Furthermore, all adults regardless of status, are required to present two valid forms of ID. Minors may be listed on the same 1583 form with their parents. More information on this topic can be found below.
- Small boxes:
- 1 individual & 3 businesses
- 2 individuals & 2 businesses
- 3 individuals & 1 business
- 4 individuals
- Large boxes:
- 1 individual & 5 businesses
- 2 individuals & 4 businesses
- 3 individuals & 3 businesses
- 4 individuals & 2 businesses
- 5 individuals & 1 business
- 6 individuals
Do you offer scanning services?
Yes, we provide 1 free scanning service of one (1) item, per mailbox, within a monthly period.
- An item is defined as one envelope with all contents inside, regardless of the number of pages. This includes both front and back sides of the paper. The only exception to this customer courtesy would be any kind of booklet.
- Anything over 1 free courtesy item within the same monthly period will be charged as seen HERE.
- If your average need for scanning service within the same monthly period exceeds 5 items, then please speak to manager about a more affordable option.
- All scanning operations require payment and a written request by email before service begins. A copy of the email request will be posted to your account.
Can I receive packages from other carriers?
Absolutely, Fed Ex and UPS deliver all the time!
Though from out of state, I am planning a move to Honolulu, can I open a mailbox before I arrive?
Yes. Please call (808)383-7975 for more information
Do you offer mail forwarding service?
Yes. For forwarding fees click HERE.
Can you hold my mail when I travel?
Yes, and at no extra charge!
Can I call to find out if I have mail?
Yes. The phone number is (808)383-7975. If the answering machine clicks on, just leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
When can I pick up my mail?
You have daily access to your mailbox between the hours of 7:00 am. and 7:00 pm.
Can other people receive mail at my mailbox?
Yes, but as stated above, they must be related or connected through some sort of business and they must be properly registered with us.
Can other people pick up my mail?
If they have your mailbox key, then they will be able to retrieve mail from your mailbox. However, to obtain anything from the mail clerk on duty, written permission must be given and clerk will check their ID, which must be either a drivers license, state ID or passport.
How do I register for a mailbox?
- You can register in our office, but we do recommend setting up an appointment first. On the other hand, if an office visist is not possible, then please download and fill out the form located HERE. Next, fill out the forms and send copies of two valid IDs to:
- After review by agent, then enclose documents in large envelope and send to:
- The Mailbox Waikiki
- 1750 Kalakaua Ave.
- #201. PMB ____
- Honolulu Hawaii, 96826
VERY IMPORTANT! Except for the IDs, registration document and service agreement must be originals, not copies.
What are acceptable forms of ID that I can present?
Listed below are acceptable IDs that can be used to register for a mailbox, included are
- A valid driver’s license
- State ID Card
- Alien registration card (Green Card)
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Armed Forces ID Card
- Government ID Card
- University or Company /work ID
- Voter Registration
- Vehicle Registration Card
- Home Insurance Policy
- Current Lease, Mortgage or Deed of Trust
*One ID must have a photograph of the addressee.
Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates are NOT acceptable.